Voice Consultant/Banking enterprise infrastructure services/FT/Permanent
You would be responsible for the design, deployment, and operation of International Banking enterprise infrastructure services as it pertains to Voice technologies. The Voice Consultant is to work with technical and business subject matter experts on medium to large, technically complex, and risky projects to ensure proposed solutions meet the requirements of the business and to design infrastructure that is in line with bank and divisional standards, best practices, roadmaps and sustained support structures while meeting business goals and considering technology trends.
The Voice Consultant is viewed internally as a voice technology expert with leadership facilitation skills and the ability to influence others. Trusted advisor to Senior Management on project teams. Maintains superior technology skills and knowledge of emerging technological trends across at least a single technology discipline with strong working knowledge of other key voice technologies.
The key technology strengths:
* Develop IP Telephony and unified communications designs based on the latest Cisco advanced technologies.
* Responsible for training and mentoring on Island SSO’s for all MAC’s.
* Provide knowledge transfer and detailed design/operational documentation.
* Apply IT knowledge/experience to interpret IB’s needs and develop strategic voice and UCC Roadmaps
* Keeps up to date on new technological solutions and trends
* Manages complex projects from cradle to grave
* Multiple examples of accountability as lead architect for Enterprise VOIP customer implementation projects
* Five + years experience designing, building, and supporting enterprise IP telephony solutions based on Cisco technology (Call Manager, Unity Connection, Emergency Responder, UCCX, Prime, & CME)
* Working knowledge of IP telephony and networking technologies offered by Avaya, Microsoft, Mitel and other vendors
* Strong understanding of Unified Communications concepts and especially voice / video convergence.
* Ability to apply IT knowledge/experience to interpret customers’ needs and develop a strategic Voice and Unified Communications (UC) Architecture and / or Roadmap
* Demonstrated knowledge of IP network routing, switching and management
* Mastery of network communications protocols
* Knowledge of network management, network availability, QOS & capacity planning
* Proven ability to lead and deliver complex projects on time and on budget
* Experience in identifying and documenting design/architecture best practices for adoption.
* Excellent client management/resolution, problem solving, debugging/troubleshooting skills
* Excellent verbal communications and written documentation skills
Excellent knowledge of Cisco IP Telephony and Unified Communications solutions
Cisco IP Telephony: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, Cisco Call Manager Express, Unified Contact Center Express, Cisco Prime, CUPS, Voice Gateways, Gatekeeper, SRST, Cisco IP Phones:various, Cisco IP Communicator, Cisco IP Soft Phone.
Protocols: H323, SIP, MGCP, SCCP, RTP, TCP/IP, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF SMTP, ICMP, TELNET, DNS, DCP, FTP and RAS
Cisco Routers: Cisco 3900, 3800, 3600, 2900, 2800, 2600, 2500.
LAN Switches: Cisco Catalyst 6500, 3700, 3500 and 2900
Provide post-project production support for assigned systems by:
- Acting as an internal consultant on assigned infrastructure
- Providing suggestions for viable solutions to systems problems of high complexity. Investigating, analyzing and resolving system problems during standard working hours and assigned on-call hours during the first critical weeks of a production system.
Works with teams to document technical standards and champion their implementation
- Develops technical roadmaps and strategies
- Responsible for Research and Development
Mentors and coaches others within assigned area.
- Transfers subject matter expertise to other IT practitioners where appropriate.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to enhance expertise and knowledge and identifies and addresses areas for personal development in order to provide a high level of technical advice and guidance.
Practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills
- Excellent skills in relationship and general business management
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in complex technology environments (e.g., infrastructure, network, telecommunications)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of IT Service Processes, including a working knowledge of the ITIL Framework, and must have demonstrated ability to coordinate the enhancement IT service processes
- Fluency in Spanish (oral and written) is an asset
- Ability to influence at the senior management level
- Strategic thinking – Understands long term business strategies and can create infrastructure technology strategies aligned to them
- Change Leadership – Able to lead major organization change programs
- Results – Project champion, able to lead at the executive level major infrastructure projects and programs with budgets in excess of $1MM annually