Sr. Applications Developer/5 years of C# and dotNET experience. – (CA-ON-Toronto)/7 months contract to start.
Sr. Applications Developer/5 years of C# and dotNET experience. – (CA-ON-Toronto)
Compensation: $50.00 – $70.00 / Hour
Sr. Applications Developer on a contract basis.
7 months to start.
- The successful candidate will be part of a fast-paced development team responsible for delivery of an exceptional online video viewing experience.
Design, develop and implement font-end code supporting the video viewing experience as well as operations and customer care interfaces. Consume state of the art web services to create user interface interactions that delight and inspire the user. Create visually attractive and functionally effective user interfaces by understanding all the use cases, their relative weights, and applying creative thinking and advanced techniques. Apply your in-depth knowledge of HTTP, caching, and content distribution networks to achieve fast, fluid performance.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Produce prototype user interfaces based on new ideas and advanced web services
- Produce production-ready user interfaces for large-scale consumption
- Support new features and performance enhancements with designs for user interfaces, components, and 3rd-party service integrations
- Participate in design and review meetings for both local and corporate initiatives
- Contribute to testing strategies and test plans
- Develop and implement strategies for automated functional and load testing of user interfaces
- Evaluate new applicable technologies and develop POC’s
- Recommend performance improvement techniques for related web sites
- Recommend and implement workflow improvements for a growing development team and our video infrastructure
- Identify and implement advanced SEO techniques
- Minimum 10 years overall experience in software development
- Minimum 5 years minimum experience in front-end-related development
- Experience with large public-facing website design, optimization and support
- Advanced level in ASP.Net and C# .Net 4.0 or higher
- Advanced level HTML5, CSS 3.0 and other leading-edge technologies
- Experience with Flash or other video players
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Comfortable working with both SOAP and REST API’s
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing team
- Knowledge of leading-edge web APIs and standards
- Experience with related web technologies including XML and XSL
- Advanced knowledge of HTTP caching, Content Distribution Networks, and performance optimization techniques
- Knowledge of video streaming protocols and other video-related technologies is desirable
- WPF experience is desirable
Mandatory Skills: C# (5) .NET (5)