Posted on December 18th, 2013
Senior Technical Designer to join in a long term project.
- Participates in the planning and the actual system testing effort of their Systems delivery.
- Participates in a team environment, working with team members from the other business offices and divisions, as well as vendor partners.
- Gathers and documents requirements for their Systems solution.
- Creates technical specifications and related works.
- Participates in procurement activity.
- Interfaces with the vendor to manage stakeholder issues throughout the design, build, test and deploy cycle.
- Provides expert fare collection equipment technical project knowledge to effect site preparations and deployment.
- Ensures that technical site solution deployment issues that crossover is proactively dealt with.
- Completion of an Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree from a recognized university is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years applicable experience in the design and development of a large, complex information technology system
- Experience with transit fare collection projects and projects in the financial services industry would be considered an asset
- Thorough knowledge of the design and development processes and a general understanding of the technology involved in a complex information technology system
- Broad technical background with the understanding of technology relating to business/financial functions, system security, databases, local and wide area data communication networking and embedded real time systems would be an asset
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills and excellent interpersonal skills