Posted on December 18th, 2013
Business Analyst/Project Manager/eProcurement-Contract Job
gathering req – scope of work and eprocurement
pay 65- 75 per hour
Our client in municipal government
BA/ PM for their eProcurment.
This client is intending to purchase an electronic procurement system for requisitioning goods and services and managing expenses. This system would replace the primarily manual paper-based system currently in place. The Intermediate Business Analyst/Project Manager will be expected to complete a detailed assessment of needs, work with relevant stakeholders to document our requirements and help develop an RFP based on these requirements. The resource may also assist with the RFP evaluation, analysis and vendor/product selection process.
The resource will define and document technical/workflow requirements in order to assist vendor consultants and other technical staff in configuring the software. The specifications developed need to provide the detail required to implement all parts of the solution. This resource will need to manage and bring the project to conclusion.
A completed and managed project that includes start up, requirements gathering, product selection, workflow analysis, product installation and full documentation:
• Business requirements and scope of work to be used by the stakeholders as the basis for an RFP
• Development of the projected workflow using best practices and user requirements
• System use and test cases
• Configuration of the new software
• Detailed strategy and high level plan for the implementation of integration of the existing systems
• Proven experience with specifying, developing and implementing software in eProcurement or related areas
• Proven experience in system configurations
• Proven experience in integration of eProcurement systems with Financial packages
• Certified PMP or equivalent
• Minimum five (5) years experience leading IT application projects
• Minimum five (5) years experience providing detailed specifications and solutions
• Minimum five (5) years working as a business analyst
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Team leadership skills
• Excellent mentoring skills
Posted on December 17th, 2013
2 ASAP as 6 month contractors that will be considered for perm roles- UNIONIZED ROLE
Must Have Skill 1: very strong communication skills Must Have Skill 2: Excel strong – pivot table, gan charts, ms project, Must Have Skill 3: field projects- 40 hr work weekPAY RATE 35.00 TEMPPAY RATE 39.00 INC Published Description:
Program Management Analyst. These roles will initially be on a Contract basis and a likely hood to convert to permanent roles.
Work with Program Management Consultants on providing consultative services to the client execution team including designers, design/construction supervisors, and stakeholder groups related to planning, scheduling, delivery, tracking and resource management to ensure successful delivery of the Execution Work Programs.
Plan, create and maintain and report on master work schedules and resource management for design and construction which includes materials, resources (internal/external) and contracted work elements.
Work with Procurement to plan, schedule, requisition and manage material issues, including lead time violations, requirements and inventory levels.
Prepare, validate and distribute documentation packages including construction drawings, maps, spreadsheets, etc to support work program execution requirements.
Liaising, consulting, coordinating and communicating with client groups, stakeholders, contractors, customers, departments and any other parties involved in the planning and scheduling of projects.
Assist in managing projects/programs including: tracking/monitoring/updating and reporting on work progress and status, cross-functional coordination of work and resources.
Post secondary degree in Engineering or Business Administration
Experience with program and project management methodologies
Knowledge of project scheduling / resource management best practices and integration of projects into programs.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Access).
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Solid understanding of estimating, budgeting, forecasting
Posted on December 17th, 2013Senior Project Manager – ERP.This role delivers and supports all technology initiatives for their daily operations and strategic initiatives.As Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing Information Technology projects by applying the PMI project management methodology in conjunction with the Systems Development Life Cycle methodology. You will be required to successfully manage all phases of the project life cycle, lead a multi-disciplinary team of IT and business professionals, and effectively communicate with all project stakeholders.The initial project assignment is to manage a team of IT, business and external consultants to source, evaluate, prototype and select an ERP system to meet the needs of Corporate Finance, Client Accounting and HR. The project also includes the selection of an implementation partner. The output from this phase will include the new model, process diagrams, visual and functional prototypes that will permit us to plan and execute the subsequent implementation phase. It is expected that the PM will continue on this project through the implementation.Relationship Management – Establishes working relationships internally and externally to collaborate on issues; building networks with key contacts outside own area of expertiseCustomer Focus – Independently identifies and initiates activities to ensure and improve quality of client serviceResults Delivery – Resolves diverse and complex issues where analysis of data requires a comprehensive evaluation of variable factorsStrives for Excellence – Provides advanced knowledge to broader team and/or the organization providing technical leadership in knowledge areaResponsibilities:
• Successfully delivering infrastructure, and application development projects
• Defining scope, creating the WBS in a collaborative manner with the project team, and managing the scope throughout the entire project lifecycle, including change requests.
• Managing project schedule, budget, quality, risks, as well as communication and procurement processes.
• Developing project charters, plans, and schedules.
• Identifying dependencies within the project and amongst projects managed concurrently
• Requesting project resources, allocating work activities, and managing the day-to-day activity assignments.
• Managing risks, issues and decisions, and taking actions to mitigate or correct as required.
• Managing all phases of the project lifecycle (initiation, planning, execution, control and closing) strongly integrated with the system development lifecycle (requirements gathering and signoff, system/ technical design, prototypes review, development, QA and User Acceptance testing, deployment to production)
• Providing timely project status reports and presenting progress to PMO and stakeholders, as well as data required for the monthly executive dashboard and budget review presentations.
• Ensuring project work conforms to company project management methodology, standards, and procedures.
• Providing input and assistance for the continuous improvement of the PMO.Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Engineering or relevant experience. Masters degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum 7 years proven IT project management experience, with focus on, but not limited to application development projects.
• PMP certification completed and in good standing. However, substantial work experience combined with in-progress certification will be considered in lieu.
• Experience leading a mid-sized ERP implementation from start to finish is required. Ideally candidates will have experience that includes the selection phase.
• Strong MS Office, MS Project (standalone and server) and Visio skills.
• Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
• Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced, matrix environment, and to adapt project methodology to projects of various size and scope/ complexity. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in a shared services organization.
• Must work well in a team with both IT and business staff.
• Strong judgment, negotiation, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent projects/tasks effectively.
• Manage day to day project activities, including obtaining signoff on critical project artifacts.
• Manage functional, user acceptance and performance tests.
• Manage change requests throughout the life of the project.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening and presentation.
• Proven experience in stakeholders management and client relationship management.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders to ensure awareness of project status.
Posted on December 17th, 2013
Sr. Project Manager/Financial domain-Funds Management. – (CA-ON-Toronto)
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to yourself or to a friend
Click Here to Apply Online
Sr. IT Project Manager to join the organization on a permanent basis.
The IT project manager is responsible for the organization, scheduling, follow up, problem resolution and status reporting on assigned IT projects. The IT project manager needs to ensure that each project is completed on time and within budget, that the deliverables meet the organization’s requirements and that the project follows the organization’s IT Governance standards and frameworks for project management and development methodology. The initial work assignment will be to manage a large complex set of development projects for a strategic Investor relations platform.
In addition, the Project Manager will contribute general recommendations for process improvements and assist with the implementation of those improvements within projects assigned and will collaborate with other project managers in this regard.
The IT Project Manager will liaise with all members of the project team which include business representatives, business analysts, developers, quality assurance testers and infrastructure teams. This position reports to the Division IT Director.
- Manage projects as assigned by Director which will include the activities outlined below.
- Work closely with Business Analysis, Development, Quality Assurance, Business groups and Infrastructure teams to ensure successful delivery of all projects which form part of the overall program of work
- Create/maintain all project management artifacts for the projects including the following: Project Management Plan/Charter, Project Schedule, Project Resource Plan, Project Risk Register
- Chair various weekly project meetings with the project team and with various stakeholders in the project
- Report weekly to the various stakeholder categories on project status to plan, issues, etc.
- Prepare, maintain and publish project budgets, including all time and materials expenses, such as hardware, software, development and support resources, etc. Collect, trend and report key project management metrics for measuring performance using Time Tracking System, and other sources of project costs.
- Develop, communicate and coordinate project plans, schedules and resource allocation with Development Managers, project team members and other groups within IT as required. Update project plans and publish changes as project progresses through development life cycle. Ensure each phase of the Project Management Framework is completed to standards by using prescribed checklists and other tools to ensure thoroughness and by obtaining Management approvals as needed.
- Identification and communication or project risks, and the development of risk mitigation strategies and escalation procedures.
- Provide assistance with requirements gathering, documentation, prototyping and walk-throughs, as required.
- Coordinate definition and institution of service level agreements (SLAs) for internal and external service providers by application and location.
- Engage QA Testing Team and assure timely and accurate completion.
- Coordinate with Change Management the planning for all System Changes and assure timely and accurate completion.
- Assure proper planning for production server redundancy and provisions for failover to Disaster Recovery site.
- Coordinate with Production Management preparation for deployment and on-going support by the designated support personnel.
- Coordinate with Test Manager the cross-application testing, synchronization of test environments and communication of status integrated applications systems.
- Liaise with external parties as required to ensure successful project delivery.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- 4+ years practical experience in Managing Complex Projects.
- Knowledge and experience of project methodologies. PMP or IMPA certified is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following competencies: project management, information technology, creativity, business analysis, problem solving, service level management, multitasking and service management.
- Must be self-motivated and driven. Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills including oral and written English.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Sciences or Information Systems or equivalent
- Strong Microsoft Project, Excel and Microsoft SharePoint skills.Experience with JIRA is a plus
- Familiarity with Test Management tools such as Mercury Quality Centre an advantage
- Availability and willingness to travel occasionally to other locations for business
Please submit your Word resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.