Sr. Applications Developer/5 years of C# and dotNET experience. – (CA-ON-Toronto)/7 months contract to start.
Posted on December 19th, 2013
Sr. Applications Developer/5 years of C# and dotNET experience. – (CA-ON-Toronto)
Compensation: $50.00 – $70.00 / Hour
Sr. Applications Developer on a contract basis.
7 months to start.
- The successful candidate will be part of a fast-paced development team responsible for delivery of an exceptional online video viewing experience.
Design, develop and implement font-end code supporting the video viewing experience as well as operations and customer care interfaces. Consume state of the art web services to create user interface interactions that delight and inspire the user. Create visually attractive and functionally effective user interfaces by understanding all the use cases, their relative weights, and applying creative thinking and advanced techniques. Apply your in-depth knowledge of HTTP, caching, and content distribution networks to achieve fast, fluid performance.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Produce prototype user interfaces based on new ideas and advanced web services
- Produce production-ready user interfaces for large-scale consumption
- Support new features and performance enhancements with designs for user interfaces, components, and 3rd-party service integrations
- Participate in design and review meetings for both local and corporate initiatives
- Contribute to testing strategies and test plans
- Develop and implement strategies for automated functional and load testing of user interfaces
- Evaluate new applicable technologies and develop POC’s
- Recommend performance improvement techniques for related web sites
- Recommend and implement workflow improvements for a growing development team and our video infrastructure
- Identify and implement advanced SEO techniques
- Minimum 10 years overall experience in software development
- Minimum 5 years minimum experience in front-end-related development
- Experience with large public-facing website design, optimization and support
- Advanced level in ASP.Net and C# .Net 4.0 or higher
- Advanced level HTML5, CSS 3.0 and other leading-edge technologies
- Experience with Flash or other video players
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Comfortable working with both SOAP and REST API’s
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, growing team
- Knowledge of leading-edge web APIs and standards
- Experience with related web technologies including XML and XSL
- Advanced knowledge of HTTP caching, Content Distribution Networks, and performance optimization techniques
- Knowledge of video streaming protocols and other video-related technologies is desirable
- WPF experience is desirable
Mandatory Skills: C# (5) .NET (5)
Posted on December 17th, 2013
C# Software Engineer, Contract position – (CA-ON-Toronto)
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Job Type: Full Time
Email this job to yourself or to a friend
Click Here to Apply Online
We are seeking a talented, self-motivated C# Software Engineer with great technical problem solving skills to work on a variety of web, desktop and mobile based projects. The individual will be primarily responsible for writing and testing code to ensure solutions are delivered to specification.
We follow a fast paced agile approach and expect all team members to be able to work well independently and collaboratively. Individuals need to demonstrate good time management skills, resourcefulness and ability to perform to deadlines.
We are looking for driven and smart ambitious game changers that can make a difference. In return, we will provide you with the opportunity for accelerated career growth and challenging projects.
· Writing high quality software to specification, using best practices, coding standards and frameworks established by the team
Writing new code and providing maintenance and enhancements to existing code base·
Writing and running automated test scripts to ensure high quality of work·
Participate in design and code reviews·
Performing software builds·
Developing web services and integration of 3·rd party web services.
Working with version control systems to maintain code·
Shipping working code, features and modules according to sprint and release iterations·
Work Experience & Skills:
· Post-graduate degree in the following discipline: Computer Science, Software Engineering or related software development field.
4+ years of C# development and object oriented programming (OOP).·
4+ years of ASP.NET development·
Familiarity with web concepts such as HTTP, Sessions, Request, Response, Caching, etc.·
Experienced with the MVC design pattern/framework·
Experienced with the following technology stack:.NET Framework, IIS, ASP.NET, MVC, C#, WCF, Entity Framework, SQL Server·
Competent SQL Developer using TSQL to write scripts, stored procedures and functions·
Experienced throughout the software development lifecycle including solution design, development, testing and deployment.·
Working in a continuous integration environment·
Experience writing testable code using unit tests·
Proficient working with version control systems such as Subversion, Git or comparable tool·
Please submit your Word resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.